What Dreams is it Time to Tend?
Jamie Ridler asks viewers this month what we’re dreaming under this Full Pink Moon and what needs tending. Finding the answers elusive I turned to the phrase, “What is Essential to me?” I waited for images and words to surface. I listened for that inner knowing. Each time I’d grasp for a dream, my body would ache and mourn.
- My dreams of running a half marathon seem elusive as I’m nurturing a back injury, mending, albeit slowly.
- My dreams of returning to my healing practice as a massage therapist seem elusive as well due to my physical connection. My National Cerification lapsed, and new legislation is pending in the State of Michigan that will require me to re-test.
- My dreams of building my yoga practice are on hold as I heal from injury.
Each time I reach for a goal or dream, I have to edit, shift, breathe, and adaptat.
I feel held back by my physical body, medical debt, and the slow healing process.
There was a time in my life where I could make a strong intention and make steps toward fulfilling that dream.
Now, I tell myself the universe must be trying to tell me something I cannot yet realize.
I do feel forward motion in the following areas:
- Many years ago I took level 1 and 2 of Reiki. But since so much change has occurred in my life, I felt compelled to participate in a new class. Later this month I will be attuned with Reiki energy and work toward an energetic healing practice.
- I have left my old “day job” and found a new full-time position.
- I continue to take photos and develop skills as a photographer.
- I am able to walk, again, and hike short distances.
The plan to move forward will be to honor my body and it’s needs in order to facilitate healing. To allow myself rest and creative outlets. And to listen for what the Creator has planned for me.
My dreamboard shows I might be willing to walk, rather than run (at least for now). That it is essential to be outdoors, to have options, choices and adventures. I see a nest with a feather which symbolizes nurturing, safety, and eventual flight. This is hopeful (smile).